Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Boyd Trotter

Boyd Trotter is awesome. If there is one word that I could use to describe him it would be AWESOME! He has such an incredible heart and spirit. He loves God so much and has a passion for his will. He is loyal through all circumstances. Pain, hurt, tears, laughter, good times and hard times I know Boyd Trotter will always be there.

Boyd is my room mate and I wouldn't change that for the world. I am so grateful for him. His life has been such an encouragement for me. Boyd has Lyme disease which weakens his immune system making him prone to other diseases. Lyme has been a major reason why he had to give up gymnastics which was huge for him. Also his treatment has been very rigorous at times. I remember when he was taking these pills that pretty much made him allergic to the sun. Every time he would go out into the sun he would burn. I remember his hands got so burned that his skin was falling off and it looked miserable. He hung in there and got through the treatment.

It has been awesome to see how much Boyd has grown in the Lord this year. He has been devoted to his quiet times and has been developing a passion for God's people. He has really encouraged me to start considering a Summer Project. This Summer Boyd will be going to South Africa and to see him take such a leap of faith is really encouraging.

He has been through so much from injuries to illness, but in every situation he has persevered and endured. He has character and a heart that is admirable. He is loyal and steadfast in his relationship with God. I am so proud of him and so blessed to be a part of his life. I love him so much and I have been so encouraged by his love. I know that Boyd will always have my back and I can't wait to see what God is going to do in his life.

God, thank you so much for Boyd. Thank you for his heart and love. Thank you for his encouragement and loyalty. He has been an incredible friend and an awesome brother. He has challenged me in my quiet times and he has challenged me in my walk with you. He loves you so much and he is a light to the world. I pray that you will help him raise support so he can shine your light in South Africa. I pray that you will heal him from Lyme which has made his life a constant struggle. I pray that you will always be with him and guide him. He is awesome and I love him so much. Thank you for his friendship and thank you for his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment