Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love

True Love. What is it? How can anyone honestly explain it? How can anyone possibly begin to describe it? It is more than a simple, "I love you", it is more than a kiss goodnight, it is more than marriage and it is more than family.

True Love is God. True Love is Jesus. True Love is the Holy Spirit. True Love is everything that entails God therefore True Love is incomprehensible, because no one can begin to comprehend God. What we know of God today is nothing compared to how we will know God in eternity.

True Love is sacrifice. It is the blood that has been selflessly surrendered to cleanse mankind. It is the outstretched arms, pierced hands, pierced feet and broken heart of a God who is faithful. A God that will never forget. A God that is all-knowing. A God that loves. A God that lives. A God that forgives. A God that pours out Grace. A God who is so in Love with me that He will do anything to have me. He will go to all the ends of the earth looking for me. He will search high and low and far and close until He finds me. I am His and I am claimed. No one can take me away, because my God is True Love. True Love that never fails. True Love that always endures. True Love that will always love.

True Love is a promise. A promise that will be held. A promise that one day my relationship with God will be restored. A promise that I will be with God forever. A promise that I will never be forgotten and abandon. It is a promise that has been kept since the days of Abraham. It is a promise that one day all will be restored. My life will be made new and my soul will be in the arms of God forever. The day when this bond is restored will be the day that my heart erupts with the overwhelming grace and love that God has poured out. I can not begin to even imagine the beauty of that day. The Glory of God will shine forever. His name will be shouted for all of eternity. Everything about me will scream God's awesome Love. He is everything and that day where every ounce of my body and soul is poured out to Christ is the day that God will invade my life for all of eternity. True love is a promise that one day all will be made new.

True Love is messy. It involves my guilty and sinful hands. It involves my broken and fallen spirit. It involves all of my mess and all of my shame. It is a sloppy embrace. It is a filthy engagement. Everything about me, even my good deeds is a sloppy rag, but Jesus takes this rag and claims it as his. He takes everything about my messy life and embraces its punishment. He takes all the wrath, all the anger and all the pain with a perfect life that died a sinners death. He paid it all. He paid everything! It is finished!

True Love is life. On the third day Jesus rose again. He came back to life. He was made new! He is alive and well and is living within me. He is alive in me! Jesus' love is in me! Jesus is alive! I am alive! I am blameless and spotless in the sight of God! I have no more shame and no more reason to run away! I am new and restored! My spirit is alive! My spirit is alive! God gave His son so I can live! So I can be with Him! So that I can live in His Grace! So that I can be apart of His plan! So that I can just let everything go and let everything disappear and let every worry vanquish and let everything become nothing and GOD become everything! True Love is the Life that God has brought inside of me!

True Love is... is... is!!! God! Everything I learn about Him and everything I feel about Him and everything I have seen by Him is True Love! What I am is the work of True Love! I am the creation of True Love! I am a broken man, but a forgiven lover. I am so loved that these words that I write down frustrate me, because they can not capture the love of God. These words can not begin to describe God's True Love! It is so so so much more than I can even begin to describe! It is everything to me. God is everything. God is absolutely everything. Only God matters, only Him and no one else. Only in God can anyone be satisfied. Only in God can anyone live. Only in God can anyone experience True Love. In God I find strength, love, patience, compassion, conviction, passion, truth, and so much more. He is eternal and it will take me all of eternity to understand Him. I look forward to the day I can be with God forever. I look forward to the True Love I will experience in Him. I am constantly amazed by how much He loves me.

God is True Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment