Friday, June 15, 2012

A Step of Faith to Nicaragua

Dear friends, family, and supporters,

Faith has been the call on my life over the past few weeks. There have been many moments of doubt and insecurity between me and God, but He has been so faithful to me (2 Timothy 2:13). God has made it clear to me that the only way I can follow Him is if I have faith in Christ. This faith does not come easy to me and is not some skill I was born with. I have struggled with this concept of Faith and I have wrestled with the Lord over it. I have pled my case and I have voiced my thoughts and God has listened, but I have lost. He has humbled me and reminded me of who He is. I am so glad that He has won my heart and has taken over my life. I am convinced that God is the way, the truth and the life! I am convinced that only by faith in Christ can I live! I am convinced and I will follow with confidence! I have faith that God will provide!

In Faith I have stayed in Tallahassee this summer to serve Wildwood Church. I am pouring into students and I am being trained to be a disciple of Christ. It has been difficult at times, but God has been so faithful. I have seen kids grow in God’s word and I have seen them excited about pursuing Christ. It is encouraging to see God work in the lives of these students and it is humbling to serve them. When you wash the feet of God’s children you get a glimpse of the beauty behind God’s Kingdom. When you serve out of sincere faith you realize the power of God’s redeeming love and grace. It is evident to me that God is working and He is moving. I have been privileged to have this opportunity to serve and I have grown in Christ every day.

In faith I will be going to Nicaragua this summer with Wildwood Church. The High School youth group every year goes on a mission trip to Nicaragua over the summer and I am so excited to be a part of this team! From July 24 to August 4, we will be serving in Nicaragua with Open Hearts Mission. During the time we will be working on a house project and running a summer camp for the local kids. I am excited to serve these people and I am excited to serve these High School students who are going on the trip. I can’t wait to see what God does in the hearts of these students and in the hearts of the Nicaraguan people. Also I can’t wait to see how God will work in your heart and my heart as we begin this trip of faith to Nicaragua!

As you know, these trips are not possible without God working in the hearts of supporters to give in prayer and finances. All of this is impossible without the work of the Holy Spirit and the body of Christ moving to bring God’s Kingdom! My prayer is that God will work in your heart to give in some way whether it is in prayer or in financial support, but either way my true prayer is that you and I will be faithful! I need to raise $1200 dollars to go on this trip and I need prayer to be bold and faithful during this process. I am not going to lie, it is tough to walk by faith, but it is so worth it!

I am serving this summer out of faith and hope in Christ! “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful (Hebrews 10:23)!” “We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but those who believe and are saved (Hebrews 10:39)!” I have faith and confidence in Christ that He will provide for me this summer and the rest of my life!

Thank you for your support over the years and thank you for allowing God to work in your heart so that He can use you to change mine! I am blessed!

Thanks,

Michael Puckett

Send all checks to 100 Ox Bottom Rd., Tallahassee, Florida, 32312 and make them payable to Wildwood Church and write Nicaragua: Puckett on the memo line.

No comments:

Post a Comment