Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Church

God is Alive! He is living and moving! He is guiding and loving! There is no one like my God!

Attending church in South Africa has been amazing. It has been so cool to see God at work in another country and in another culture. We went to a church this sunday called His People and it was awesome! When we walked in it was like a giant party. The children of God were dancing, shouting, singing, and praising their Father. It was absolutely moving and spiritually awakening. I realized that these people are in love with God. They are filled with joy when they have so little. They give so much praise to God when they barely have anything. This realization gripped my heart. I have so much and yet I barely even sing in church back at home. I barely even start to give God glory and praise for what He has blessed me with. How can this be? How can I be so rich in material wealth, but so poor in the heart at the same time? How can these people be so rich in the heart, but so poor in material wealth? Personally, I would rather be like these people in South Africa. I would rather be poor and desolate, but have unending abundance within my heart. I would rather have nothing, but be able to walk into to church and party, because of God's Grace and Love. I want what they have here. I want there passion and joy. I want there community and I want to be near God. These people are dependant on the Lord and they are in love with Him. It is absolutely beautiful. It is beautiful to see people so engaged in worship and praise and so engaged in the sermon and the word of God.

People in South Africa experience God in such a unique way. God is all they have and Jesus is their only hope. In America I have a home, food, family and a tv. I have so many things and place these things before God. I have a found a new meaning to the quote from Jesus saying, "It is more difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle." I used to think that I was not rich and that this did not apply to me, but after being in South Africa I have realized how rich I am and how little I give. These people sell out for the Lord and give Him all the Glory. They understand that this life is not about them, but about bringing God glory. It is so interesting to see how these people see God and it is so convicting to realize how I don't see God. I want to have the faith that these people have and I want to have their passion. They love God so much, because they realize how much God loved them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment